I am a statistics professor at the University of Ulm. I work in the field of mathematical statistics and theoretical econometrics. My main research interests are
- non- and semiparametric statistics
- high-dimensional statistics
- multiscale statistics
- nonstationary time series,
esp. locally stationary time series.
The statistical methods developed in my work can for example be applied to problems in economics, finance, biomedicine and climatology.
- 2020–present: Full Professor of Statistics at University of Ulm
- 2015–2020: Associate Professor at University of Bonn
- 2013–2015: Assistant Professor at University of Konstanz
- 2011–2013: Postdoc at University of Cambridge (advisor: Oliver Linton)
- 2007–2011: PhD studies at University of Mannheim (supervisor: Enno Mammen)